Service Desk Technician 2 – South Island
Location: BC - Saanich
Type: Regular Full-Time
SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN 2 – South Island 9-1-1/Police Dispatch Centre
E-Comm's vision is a safer British Columbia, and our goal is consolidating emergency communications services for the benefit of first responders and public safety. In direct alignment with this vision, we will be expanding our services on southern Vancouver Island with a new consolidated South Island 9-1-1/Police Dispatch Centre. The facility, owned by the Capital Regional District and to be operated by E Comm, will amalgamate 9-1-1 call-answer, police call-taking and dispatch services for the Victoria, Saanich, Central Saanich and Oak Bay police departments, along with South Island RCMP detachments.
Leading up to the South Island Centre's opening in early 2019, we're looking for two people to join our Technology Services team. These two positions will be located in our new facility in Saanich, BC, and will be an extension of our team based in Vancouver. We will work together to provide a high level of customer service and technical support to all our staff on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the Service Desk Technician 2 responds to escalated service calls from internal and external clients that have been referred by the Service Desk Technician. An incumbent troubleshoots and resolves moderate to complex service calls for a wide variety of technical, network and operating systems, applications, hardware, mobile devices, wireless technology and telephony, referring unresolved to appropriate technical staff; deploys, moves and installs related equipment and configures related software; performs routine system maintenance activities; assists on internal projects and advises on the operational needs of the service desk for new initiatives; documents processes and procedures and provides user training as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Responds to service calls from internal and external clients that have been escalated by the Service Desk Technician; investigates, troubleshoots and resolves moderate to complex service calls for a wide variety of technical, network and operating systems, applications, hardware, mobile devices, and wireless technology and telephony; refers unresolved matters to appropriate technical staff.
Prepares, reviews and maintains knowledge based articles and technical support documentation for end users; documents processes and procedures and provides user training as required.
Deploys computer and telephony equipment and performs moves and configurations; installs or disassembles desk components such as monitor arms, cable management racks and electric power bars.
Installs, configures and supports the software and operation of end user equipment including workstations, telephones, mobile devices, printers and copiers; responds to events detected by monitoring tools.
Performs routine maintenance activities such as the deployment of patches, security updates and software upgrades to a range of end user devices; assists with routine infrastructure tasks.
Assists, deploys and supports technology for internal IT and Telephony projects as required; consults on the operational needs of the Service Desk on projects and new initiatives that require support services.
Assists with on-site contractor/client supervisions.
Responds to events detected by monitoring tools.
Performs related work as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a certificate or diploma in computer science or related discipline and sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
ITIL Foundation v3 or later accreditation preferred.
Driver's License for the Province of British Columbia.
As a condition of engagement and continued employment at E-Comm, the required Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Displays honesty, integrity and ethical conduct at all times.
- Respectfully deals with all internal and external clients at all times.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making quick and accurate decisions.
- Displays exceptional prioritizing and multi-tasking skills in a priority driven environment.
- Commitment to professionalism and excellence in customer service.
- Exhibits outstanding teamwork skills and is committed to goals and successes through collaboration and cooperation.
- Is interested in a long-term career at E-Comm.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to Customer Service excellence and continually improving the customer service experience.
- Adept with the use of remote management tools for troubleshooting and resolving client issues.
- Ability to work fast paced technical environment.
- Excitement and curiosity to learn new things.
- Solid and proven troubleshooting skills and the ability to gather information to assist in resolving client issues.
- Broad knowledge of a variety of technology; Win7, Window Server 2008/2012, AD, GPO, Exchange, Printing, Virtualization, Citrix, VMWare, Computer networking, Diagnostic tools, PC hardware and software, Client/Server application support
- An ITIL V3 Foundation accreditation or strong knowledge of IT Service Management process.
- Experience in a Centralized Service Desk/Call Centre environment.
- Experience in ACD call environment.
- Familiarity with Cherwell Service Management software.
CUPE, Local 873.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday through Friday, 40-hour work week.
Shift work is required within the Service Desk hours
Currently the Service Desk hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM. However, these hours will be expanded sometime in 2018/early 2019.
Flexible hours required at times during the week and occasional weekends, to accommodate special activities/events.
This position is required to be on-call.
This is a Regular Full-Time position.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and a benefits program that includes Medical Services Plan, Extended Medical, Dental, and Vision Care.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please read the information and follow the directions stated below to submit your resume for this position.
- We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
- Cover Letter is not required.
E-Comm New Applicant Privacy Consent
As an applicant to E-Comm 911, you are about to provide us with your personal information. E-Comm 911 intends to use the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the position to which you have applied and, with your permission, keep your information on file for future opportunities.
We use an interim service provider in the United States of America to store information we collect as part of the application process about applicants like you and we require your consent to do so.
The information we collect from you will depend on the information you are about to provide us, or may provide to us in the future, but may include:
- Contact Information;
- Education, Certifications, Work History;
- Availability to commence employment;
- Desired Pay Range, Position Sought;
- Contact with you as an applicant or interviewee to E-Comm 911, such as email correspondence, short summaries from phone conversations, pre-screening and interview notes, outbound and inbound SMS text messages, results from testing sessions or retesting sessions; and
- Any resumes, updated resumes, applications cover-letters, etc. you provide to E-Comm 911.
If you consent to the storage and retention of your personal information as described above, please choose the “I Consent” when you submit your application and follow the additional directions provided to submit your application.
If you do not consent, please choose the "I Do Not Consent" and follow the additional directions provided to submit your application.
Any other questions can also be directed to: Talent Team | firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In order to complete the application process, you will be given an email address to send us your resume after you submit your consent.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
- Indicate in your email whether you would like E-Comm 911 to keep your information on file for future opportunities in any event.
- Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format is preferred. No cover-letter is required. We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
- If the above link does not work, you can send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "Service Desk Technician 2 – South Island (#702-55-MH9898)"